BabyNatal educators train over approximately a 3-4 month period. Your training programme will include direct teaching from BabyNatal founders. In addition to this, there will be continuous online support throughout your training from the BabyNatal team at HQ. Joining the BabyNatal Network also means access to all our teaching resources, branding and our support.
As a teacher joining BabyNatal, you can join at one of two levels:
Standard Educator Level— as a FEDANT accredited antenatal teacher offering the range of antenatal and parenting education classes.
Enhanced Educator level— as an FEDANT accredited antenatal teacher offering the range of antenatal and parenting education classes, AND also as an accredited AoFA First Aid trainer facilitating First Aid for Parents/Carers workshops.
What is Required?
To satisfy our training requirements, you must have:
- Experience as a parent
- An empowering & non-judgmental approach towards other parents
- Desire to support other expectant parents to learn practical skills around calming and caring for their newborn
- A desire to support expectant parents on their transition into parenthood
- A desire to work equally with both mothers and fathers
BabyNatal educators train over approximately a 3-4 month period, including 18-27 hours of face-to-face training in Corby in the East Midlands (number of hours for training/study is directly linked to whether you join BabyNatal at the standard or enhanced level).
Training includes home study and reflection, via handbooks, mentoring and DVD observations, practice teaching and of course a final examination.
BabyNatal Teacher Training Courses 2013-14
Our 2013-2014 intakes for BabyNatal Standard Level Teacher Training are:
- Summer 2013 – 15th & 16th June – ONLY ONE PLACE LEFT
- Winter 2013 – 9th & 10th November
- Spring 2014 – 15th & 16th March
Dates for the Enhanced teacher training are provided upon request, this is usually run twice a year.
Places are strictly limited on each intake, so early booking is advised.
Training & Licence Fees
Joining BabyNatal as a teacher starts at just £750, and your training and licence fees cover a complete business package, including:
- 18 hours of direct training with BabyNatal Founders
- All your training manuals
- A basic teaching kit worth over £100
- A profile on the BabyNatal website
- Marketing and Social Media Support
- A BabyNatal email address
- An exclusive teaching territory
- Your first year’s licence fee
Your fee does not extend to overnight accommodation for the training, but does include your lunch.
Training is held in Corby, Northamptonshire. This is easily accessed by major motorways the A1, M1 and A14.
To request a BabyNatal Training Pack or to reserve your place on a training weekend, please email BabyNatal